Monday 23 April 2012

Productivity

It's been a while hasn't it?  Let's just say, computer insurance does not always mean a quickly fixed PC...

So whilst I was computer-less, again, I've been a busy bee doing some of these pretty birdies...


And I've started granny squaring to make a blanket for my chair.


I also got some photos taken of my children by a local photographer (this is just a freebie sample one).


I did a little bit of embroidery and sorted through my floss...


Plus I had a Christmas all of my own when a very nice lady on freecycle decided to give me bags of yarn and knitting mags with patterns...


I went to my local knitting group for the first time and met some lovely folks, alongside my friends, here is one of them crocheting up a lacy blanket square


And finally, I started knitting up a shawl this weekend, a very simple one, but I can't wait to bind off and wear it!


I also discovered instagram for my android phone, hence where most of these came from.  I'm thrilled to be back though, and able to check out blogs once more.

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! An update at last! :)

    Loving the birdies and the blanket squares. Nan does her crocheted blankets a little different... I think she just keeps going around and around until it's big enough!

    Loving the photo. Carter looks diddy and Harley has grown a LOT since I last saw him! :) They're both beautiful.

    I hope you're enjoying the knitting group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, yeah you can just keep crocheting for blankets, I did with the one I made for Carter's birthday - it's faster and easier but I like the appearance of the square ones,

      Harley is pretty tall now! And Carter is as small as always, though he's had a recent growth spurt he is still the smallest boy in his school, there's only two girls smaller than him lol. Thank you though, I think they're the most gorgeous children to walk this earth of course, but it is always nice when other people compliment them :D

      I've got another knitting group night this week, this time in The Crown so looking forward to that, but not going to eat there I don't think ;)

      Delete